Thursday, January 3, 2008

Christmas in Seattle.

This year Clark and I decided to make the trek up to Seattle to spend Christmas with my dad's side of the family. We stayed with my Auntie Lynda who was the most AMAZING hostess! (Thanks auntie!) It actually even snowed on Christmas day, something that hasn't happened in that area for years and years. It was the perfect day. Here are pictures of my little Beckett's first Christmas morning....


Family fued III. My cousin Joey got us the most recent version. We are FF fanatics.


SIGHT SEEING AT PUGET SOUND
My dad drove us around the darling town of Puget Sound where he and my mom went to college. It sits right on the water and is the cutest old harbor town. Apparently the school was ranked as a top ten party school when my parents signed up, but by the end of their schooling it was ranked high as an academic school. I couldn't tell which my dad was prouder about....
My dad's fraternity house (where he lived), Beta Chi.


This bush was my parent's "spot." They have a picture in front of it too.

My mom's house during college.

Picture of the Sound (a couple block's from my mom's house).


EMP (EXPERIENCE THE MUSIC PROJECT)
We love going to the EMP in Seattle. It has all sorts of Rock and Roll memorabilia, but our favorite part is the little jam session rooms. We spend 99% of our time playing around on instruments.
Me trying to remember my guitar lesson days. My dad amazing as usual.

Clark learning the drums.

Classic picture of my cute dad.



IVARS SALMON HOUSE
My dad's favorite restaurant in Washington. The food is seriously amazing.

I love that little food face!

My brother Trav.

Look at that salmon please! And its wild. I loved it.

Sisters

Outside on the dock. No Clark's hair is not bleached, I tried to lighten the picture so you could see the city behind us.


MHYRES.
This restuarant has been in the family for generations. It was the first restaurant in Port Orchard and is the oldest establishment in all of Kitsap County. My grandpa just sold it a couple of years ago, but we still go visit for tradition's sake. My great great grandpa started it and there are pictures of my ancestors throughout the restaurant. The Rylanders are small time celebrities when we go into this place.

Beck with his great grandpa Dick


15 comments:

Ashly said...

YAY! An update...Im so excited! It looks like you guys had a great time. I love ALL of the pictures. Your sisters are so pretty (as are you of course). Little Beck looks so grown up in all of the pics. It looks like he was loving the wrapping paper too! Good times!

sarawhat said...

One of my favorite memories growing up in our stake was your dad sitting down the paino to play "great balls of fire". Those guitar pics remind me of that. Love your dad! All these pics are so cute.

julie said...

I had no idea you were a family of rockers! Love all the photos of Seattle. Looks like a fun trip. We want to see your fam, lets get together & play some Wii & Family Fued! xo

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, great places, great people. gmary

Kristen said...

Looks like a fun Christmas! I love Seattle. It is kind of like Boston on the west coast. Beck is getting so big!

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Sarah said...

love those rylanders! your christmas looks very merry. the best part is seeing a picture of grandpa dick! i have heard stories about him for so long, now i get to see what he looks like. when are you guys coming down here? let's play!

Anonymous said...

Awesome. I want to hear all about Clark's new job.

Jennifer B. said...

Those pictures are great! What a fun vacation. I love reading your blog.

Ashly said...

How is sunny CA? MIss you!

Carly said...

Natalie-- I am so excited to find your blog! I love the Puget Sound pictures. Your little family is so cute on Christmas :)

Ashly said...

come on already...update please.

Anonymous said...

i came to leave a comment about an update & looks like ashly beat me to it... amen sister! how about an update of your new life in california????

Kevin said...

Nat its Kev it's been years, great to see life is treating you good. I feel like I know the new Nat Clark and Beck. You live in California? Where?

Grady8080 said...

It was good seeing you guys again! I saw Natalie's Mom on Sunday too. I didn't know your Grandparent were in my ward. The church is pretty small sometimes. Good luck finding a place. Hopefully I see you around.

Sarah said...

Nat, update PLEASE! It's already almost time for Valentine's day, Christmas is ooooold news