Friday, March 14, 2008

Lovin' Life.

Sup y'all. Its been a while since we've posted on the b-spot. Nat and I have been crazy busy these last few months... but we are finally feeling settled and we are absolutely loving our life back at the beach. There is so much to talk about, I don't really know where to start. I don't really want to overwhelm anybody so as quick as can be... here are a few of the major events within the last few months.

I graduated.
We sold our condo.
I quit my job.
We had a garage sale.
We moved to CA.
I started a new job.
We found an apartment.
We never want to leave.

Nat and I feel really blessed to be where we are. Not just because we're by the beach, but also just how the last few months have played out. Finding a job the suits my personality so well, selling our condo smoothly (relatively), and finding a place to live that is close to work, close to the beach, and close to friends and family. 4 months ago I thought I might be taking a 45 min subway into downtown Boston for work at a really stuffy consulting firm. Instead, I drive 8 minutes to work never hitting traffic, park in my own spot, stay as long as I feel like staying, come home spend time with the Nat and Beck, go the the park, maybe play some tennis, or paddle out for a sunset surf session. Granted, work will not always be as relaxing as it is right now... I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

Welp. Here is our little home by the sea...

The Patio/Community:
Looking out of the Living Room:

The Lemon Tree:

The Herb Garden & BBQ:

View "straight out":

View to the "Right" (Tennis anyone?):

The Market (Grocery Store), Dry Cleaners, Business Center, Hair Stylist, and Administration Building:

View to the "Left" (Fashion Island in the Distance)

Living Room Wall:

Reading nook:

The Kitchen:

Where mama works her magic.

Neat-o Rack-o Spice (I picked it out):


Living Room Couch (super comfy):

Beck and Dad:

Nats Disclaimer: "Decorating is still in progress... but we're getting there."

14 comments:

Kim said...

Looks good!! Love the view & the spice rack...good choice Clark.

Unknown said...

do i see wii tennis out of the corner of the tv??? i sure hope so. love the digs.

Steph Strike said...

Natty--Anth and I are moving in next door ASAP! What a great life...even a BBQ! It doesn't get any better. I love it! Can't wait to see the pics of your room and Beck's room. Love the spice rack Clark!! Are those magnetic? I can't wait to see it!!!! It's so cute Nat!

Shandra and Christian said...

Place looks amazing!!

Ashly said...

I love everything. Its so light and airy and refreshing. Very beachy feel! I love all the sunlight. I'm jealous...I need some sunlight in my life. Luckily today was a beauiltiful sunny day here in the city...nothing like the beautiful skies of CA though. Tell Clark to stop rubbing it in that he gets to spend so much time at home while Bennett and I don't see andrew all week! Ha! One word...jealous

Sarah said...

Nat! Is that the couch you were telling me about having made? It's GORGEOUS, I love it. Now I need to come see everything in person.

julie said...

Its funny that you felt the need to let us know it's not done... because I was thinking how great everything is looking! I'm a big fan of your reading nook. Sadie & I want to come visit this week... I'll give you a call. The new couch looks great & everything looks so bright & fresh, can't wait to see more. xo

Kelly de Villiers said...

I loved seeing the place all decorated and what not. There's such a good vibe going on in there! I love how you walk in and see the view from the big window! Nat- will LOVED the "hot for hillary" shirt and has worn it twice since his birthday! good eye.

Wendy said...

I am super impressed. You've inspired my hopes for apartment living. Do you really have your own market on site? We can't wait to come and see you and the place in person . . . next week!!!! Love you!

Carly said...

Wow. It looks fantastic. I just kept thinking (at every new picture!) what good taste you have. I love your reading corner best!

Z Family said...

SUper CUte!! Are you guys over by Lido?? I recognize the shopping center. Looks like a GREAT location. Enjoy!

Jennifer B. said...

Terrific update and as far as decorating goes, that's pretty darn good progress already. Your place looks beautiful!

(Plus, we're so SO glad you're here and staying =) Good choice.)

Anonymous said...

WOW,WOW,WOW!

Maria said...

LOVE your place, Natalie you are so good at decorating! We want to see more pictures of Beck though!! I can't believe he'll be 1 tomorrow! Time flies.