Wednesday, April 18, 2007

yo ho yo ho a trucker's life for me





Last week, I had some business to take care of in Vegas. No, not due to a gambling addition. It was a wedding dress addiction. In addition to my pre-planned trip, my company needed somebody to drive all of our merchandise down. Since I already had to be there, I figured I would save some miles on my car, and I accepted the offer. The truck needed to arrive at the Venetian at 8:00 am sharp on Tues. in order to be unloaded. Because I had some other responsibilties to take care of first, I was not able to leave town until 1:00 am Tues morning. Bad idea I know. Well as luck would have it, a mighty storm blew in that night, and winds were estimated to have reached 90 mph (give or take 75 mph). I found myself stuck between a rock and a bigger rock. Should I stay or should I go...now? If I stay there will be trouble (I'll be late)... if I go it will be double (I'll most likely tip over into a ditch). So as any dedicated trucker would do... I decided I would rather die in a ditch then have my delivery be late. So I put on my trucker hat, gathered my favorite cassette tapes, kissed the wife and boy goodbye, and hit the road. After many gusts of wind causing unexpected lane changes, a few drag races with semi-trucks, and incredibly loud music, my shipment of goods was delivered on time. I was one proud trucker.

Although I did not die in a ditch, and my delivery did make it on time... I still decided that... yo ho yo ho a trucker's life is not for me... Arrr. booty booty booty.

For more information about a trucker's life... visit http://www.thetruckersreport.com/trucker_lingo.shtml and learn all the trucker lingo.

For more information about a pirate's life... go to disneyland.

5 comments:

riley s. said...

Now that's what I call dedication... I think that trucker's lingo could really come in handy.

Jennifer B. said...

So glad you didn't end up greasy side up! That would have been a major 10-33! Yeah, I'm a little jealous, but I'll be sticking with my four wheeler.

Catch ya on the flip flop.

Back out.

Clark said...

Wo, back off the hammer. That was some fancy talking J B. But let me show you ankle biters how it’s done… Be sure to watch out for the overpriced motion lotion at the pickle park off the big slab in shaky-town… and on the backslide beware of the bear cave… luckily, when I passed, a four wheeler blew my doors off and shook the bushes for the rest of us. .. real bear bait I tell ya. The full grown bear attacked the four wheeler and the rest of the trip was a clean shot. Except for the break check on the big slab coming through Gay Bay…. turns out, I ran into a good buddy at the pickle park, he said “large car”, and I was like “I got a better have and an ankle biter at home 20”. The I documented the encounter in my comic book and got on the cb to warn others of the good buddy at the pickle park off the big slab passing through gay bay.

Jennifer B. said...

Whoa.
I bow to your fluency.
(Where's my truckers' dictionary? I need to do some serious translating!)

Chris said...

Sadly enough I am pretty jealous of you getting to be a trucker for a day. Probably in my top 5 things to be when I grow up.