Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Boston.

Last week Clark had an interview out in Boston and we decided to make a trip out of it! Boston is my all time favorite city for so many reasons, its so clean, so unique, so walkable, so historic, so charming... I could really go on and on. Needless to say, I was in heaven. We saw the fall colors, had a lot of New England Clam Chowdah, rode the "T," walked around Hahvahd, ate Boston Cream Pie and tried to squeeze in a little of the freedom trail. I would just love to live there! Here are some pictures of our adventures...



The fam at Harvard... it is the most gorgeous campus I have ever seen.


Clark and Beck in front of Harvard Library.


Walking around Cambridge. Do you see those streets? I did not see one stroller that wasn't a bugaboo... it's a must have when the streets are made out of brick.


Beck's hoopty ride. We put the stroller in bassinet mode for most of the trip and he was kept oh so cozy and warm. He took the best naps ever that week! The sounds of the city just lulled him right to sleep.


Clark's sister Suzanne lives in Connecticut so her whole family was nice enough to come up and see us. We spent a whole day with them at the Museum of Science. Thanks Liddles!


It's always a thrill to see your name on a sign.



I am holding a Cannoli from the famous Mike's Pastry Shop in Boston's North End (Little Italy). The store is behind me, but you can't see it that well.


The fam meets Paul Revere.

Can you see why I love it there so much? It is so picturesque, you feel like you are walking around in a storybook or something. Sigh. Perhaps someday I will live there... or perhaps I'll just visit a lot.

11 comments:

Tylershark said...

Looks like you guys had a great trip. Boston would be a lot of fun if you ever got the chance to live there. We would have to come visit.

Of course, St. George is also picturesque. And some call Dixie State College the "Harvard of Southern Utah." We may not have cannoli's from Mike's Pastry Shop, but we do have day old Krispy Kreme donuts shipped in from Vegas and sold at the grocery store. Mmmmmm... stale overpriced donuts.

Jenny said...

these pictures are gorgeous! i can see why you love it.

Michelle S. said...

Boston is stunning in the fall. Your family looks right at home. I hope Clark gets his dream job, so you can have adventures, and then return promptly to Southern California.

Amy said...

Shout out to the Eastside!! I'm glad you had a good trip!!

julie said...

Looks like a beautiful place... I don't think I would do well with the east coast winters. I love the first pic of you and Beck what cuties you are! xo

Anonymous said...

Steph and I have yet to make a trip up there. We're way overdue!

If you guys can't end up in the best city on the east coast (yes, Boston is way better than New York), Cincinnati isn't a bad alternative...

sarawhat said...

uh, yes! I didn't want to say anything because he's soooo private about his life! But since you already know...I really love it. I wish I could get more information out of him though. :)

Z Family said...

WOW!! Looks like a great time!! I have never been, but would LOVE to!! What kind of interview??

Sarah said...

i could have sworn i just left a comment but it didn't show up. anyway, the point is, i love the pictures. i'll cross my fingers for clark, hopefully he'll get the job. that would be amazing to live in boston for a while, i'd be jealous!

Jennifer B. said...

Love the pictures! I always thought it would be fun to try living in the city. You look right at home.

Holly Moore said...

Natalie!! Oh my gosh, you look gorgeous! It was so fun to see you blog and your baby. Holy Cow. Congratulations!!