Thursday, July 5, 2007

4th of July.

Well this year's 4th of July celebration was a joyous occasion. We slept in, ate Mexican food in celebration of the fact that we don't have to live in Mexico to enjoy delicious Mexican food, and we taught Beck how to safely light a firework.

Wendy and Abram introduced us to the best place in Provo to watch Stadium of Fire. We camped out on the lawn behind the BYU visitors center (where Abram works). It was perfect, not many people, a beautiful lawn, comfy blankets, and it was on a hill with a perfect view of the stadium.

I decided it is impossible to take a good picture of a firework. The camera makes them look pretty wimpy. The show was quite impressive though, over 35 min of amazing high-budget fireworks.

Beck was fascinated. Here he was trying to figure out how much potassium perchlorate, sodium hydrogen carbonate, and dextrin the engineers must of used to produce such a vibrant blue.

Fireworks 101: The Sparkler.

Wendy, Abram and Sam joined us to watch the show.

Who knew Abram liked sparklers so much?

7 comments:

Tylershark said...

Sounds like fun. I wish I could have been there. We all went to bed before it got dark. Bryce had already gone on his first hike and seen his first movie earlier in the day and wasn't interested in seeing his first firework come 10 pm.

Jennifer B. said...

What a party! Glad you had fun.

Wendy said...

Hanging with you guys was the highlight of our holiday. (The highlight of the week for some of us!) Thanks for sharing your blankets and sparklers.

Kristen said...

Looks like a fun fourth!

Abram does a great Bruce Willis impression. Those sparklers look like bullets flying at my head.

Anonymous said...

Beckett is so cute, and smart too. Did you know that I just got back from scout camp? I would like you to come to my Eagle Scout Party. I made a pocket knife case, and my dad bought me a pocket knife because I didn't have one.

Ashly said...

Beck looks so cute in his 4th of July stripes. Why aren't his parents sporting any red white and blue? Come on guys! I miss my friends...:( Please get down here NOW! Bennett and I need some Natalie and Beck in our lives (and Clark too) You know Andrew cries himself to sleep every night because he misses his boyfriend!

Clark said...

Tanner - you went to scout camp! Cool. Where did you go? We definitely want to come to your Eagle Scout party. I am sure it will be clean, brave, and reverent... and trustworthy.