Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Fall has come, and then left, and has come again.

I am absolutely in love with all things fall. It has been the perfect weather up here, just crisp enough to put on some boots and a sweater. And then last Saturday a huge snow storm hit! I was so scared that I had experienced the shortest fall ever, but true to Utah weather, it has warmed up a bit again and fall is back in action. Here are some pictures of a few fall activities. A yummy dinner, hee-haw farms, and "witches night out" at Gardner's Village.

My attempt at a fancy dinner. Orange Roughy surrounded by
fall veggies- turnips, parsnips, carrots, and potatoes.

Sinking in corn kernels.

Clark is apparently six feet tall.

Beckett was not nearly as amused by this as we were.

Poor piggies.


Spooky family picture. (My finger was blocking the flash.)

Every year Gardner's Village has a weekend called "Witches Night Out," where 95% of the people who come are decked out, head to toe, witch. These pictures do not nearly do it justice, hundreds and hundreds of women walking around like this. I loved it. And Beckett wasn't scared in the least bit.

8 comments:

julie said...

This all looks like fun! I love your new bedroom makover too. We miss you guys, its been a while... we should do a lunch soon. xo julie

Kim said...

I wish I could wear a sweater, put Ben's cute boots on him, or breath anything but ash...i guess we'll have to visit. you guys look like you had fun and that dinner is impressive, I hope Seth dosen't check it out.

Jennifer B. said...

That looks like such a good time. And hey, would you hire yourselves out as interior designers?

Just wondering.

Love,
Jealous

The Rylanders said...

Oh cute little Beck. What is he going to be for Halloween? I can't wait to see him in a few weeks and give him a big kiss and hug from the Rylanders!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

you make me miss utah! never thought i would say that!

Jenny said...

such fun halloween festivities! i love beck in the little face hole- so cute. also good work on the end table and headboard in the previous post! you guys are amazing! oh and while i'm at it happy birthday!

Kristen said...

Sometimes going out of town is good, because when I come back there are all these great blogs to read!

Both your bedroom and the orange roughy look great. (Feel free to come decorate and/or cook anytime). And Happy Birthday!

It was fun to see Clark at Disneyland, but we missed you and Beck. He is getting so big!

Michelle S. said...

I love the fall too! Just looking at a pumpkin can bring tears to my eyes, because of all the fond memories I have from this time of year. Your family is already creating great memories. Thanks for sharing them with us!!